Beach Picnic and Clean Up for 2014 – NEW LOCATION!
So this year we are setting up shop at a new location: Twin Lakes Beach!
Now let’s be clear, here: There are two halves to this beach, and the dividing line is the small craft harbor. The part North of the harbor is popularly called Seabright Beach and that is the part that we are NOT cleaning up. (There are already good groups who pick up that one.)
Community Seed will be working (and playing!) on the part that is South of the Harbor – the ‘Crow’s Nest’ side, where East Cliff makes that big, swooping turn. The part of Twin Lakes beach that is, you know, by the Twin Lakes.
For you smart phone types, try: 2630 East Cliff Drive, Santa Cruz, Ca. 95062 (See map picture at the bottom of this page)
Look for our dark green sandwich board by the bathrooms and fire pits.
Parking is a little tricky. Look for the City of Santa Cruz parking van at the end of 6th avenue (to get a day permit), or just park-and-pay at the Crow’s Nest / Yacht Harbor lot next door.
We meet on the third Saturday in July and August, from Noon to 3:00 pm.
Don’t miss another opportunity to serve your community and your planet. (Not to mention socialize and have fun!) We’ll provide the bags if you will do your part and help us fill them. Bring your drums, songs, chants and food to share.
- July 19
- August 16
At the end of the cleanup, we ask each person to help with hauling away the trash and recycle. Bring leather gloves if you have them. We will supply bags and other containers for nails and glass. Please bring a snack to share and your own water supply.
Safety Clean Up Rules:
* Children should be supervised at all times
* Do not pick up needles, syringes, or broken glass without protection!
* Do not touch injured or dead animals
* Do not turn your back on the ocean
* Make sure any fire areas are cold before touching
* Driftwood, sea shells and seaweed are not trash, please leave them on the beach
- Leather gloves if you have them
- Bring a picnic lunch, or snacks to share
- Your own water supply
- Layers of clothing (It’s often breezy on the sand, and temps can vary widely)
- Something to sit on (Big beach blankets, or towels will do …)
All Community Seed events are Clean and Sober.
For More Info Call: (831) 469-0336
We hope to see you on sand for picnicing and clean up!