Beach Picnic and Clean Up for 2016 – NEW LOCATION!
So this year we are setting up shop at a new location: Panther Beach!
Hey, A new location!
Panther Beach is up Highway 1, 6.8 miles from Western Drive. (If you get to the Fruit Stand on the right, you’ve gone too far!) The entrance to the parking area is easy to find if you’re northbound on Hwy 1. It’s an informal, dirt area on the left, on an elevated area between the highway and the railroad track.
Follow the dirt road which parallels the highway until the end, and then park. Continue walking North until you reach the path leading down to the beach. The path is steep and eroded and you may be more comfortable going down it if you wear some good shoes.
Bring gloves and there are no restrooms here.
We meet on the third Saturday in July and August, from Noon to 3:00 pm. (July 16th and August 20th)
Don’t miss another opportunity to serve your community and your planet. (Not to mention socialize and have fun!) We’ll provide the bags if you will do your part and help us fill them. Bring your drums, songs, chants and food to share.
- July 16
- August 20
At the end of the cleanup, we ask each person to help with hauling away the trash and recycle. Bring leather gloves if you have them. We will supply bags and other containers for nails and glass. Please bring a snack to share and your own water supply.
Safety Clean Up Rules:
* Children should be supervised at all times
* Do not pick up needles, syringes, or broken glass without protection!
* Do not touch injured or dead animals
* Do not turn your back on the ocean
* Make sure any fire areas are cold before touching
* Driftwood, sea shells and seaweed are not trash, please leave them on the beach
- Leather gloves if you have them
- Bring a picnic lunch, or snacks to share
- Your own water supply
- Layers of clothing (It’s often breezy on the sand, and temps can vary widely)
- Something to sit on (Big beach blankets, or towels will do …)
All Community Seed events are Clean and Sober.
For More Info Call: (831) 469-0336
We hope to see you on sand for picnicing and clean up!