Beach Picnic and Clean Up
We meet on the third Saturday, from April -throughAugust from Noon to 3:00 pm. Don’t miss another opportunity to serve your community and your planet. (Not to mention socialize and have fun!) We’ll provide the bags if you will do your part and help us fill them. Bring your drums, songs, chants and food to share. As the cleanups progress through the year, we’ll also post stats about how much we’ve been picking up, so you can see the difference we make.
- June 15
- July 20
- August 17
Bonny Doon Beach is located on Highway 1, near Bonny Doon Road. This beach has ample parking, which is free, and there is the benefit that it is clothing optional. This means if you want you can go skyclad, (nude) but of course this is optional.
At the end of the cleanup, we ask each person to help with hauling away the trash and recycle. Bring leather gloves if you have them. We will supply bags and other containers for nails and glass. Please bring a lunch, or food to share, your own water supply, and be advised that there are No Bathroom Facilities, so come prepared. Also be aware that it is a steep hike down to the beach, so wear good hiking shoes.
Safety Clean Up Rules:
* Children should be supervised at all times.
* Do not pick up needles, syringes, or broken glass without protection!
* Do not touch injured or dead animals.
* Do not turn your back on the ocean.
* Make sure any fire areas cold before touching.
* Driftwood, sea shells and seaweed are not trash, please leave them on the beach.
Directions: Bonny Doon Beach is located on Highway 1, just before Bonny Doon Road, which is just South of Davenport. From Santa Cruz, Drive out of town on the Coastal Highway. About 8 miles out start looking for a long, thin parking lot on your left. That’s your destination. Bonny Doon road is farther up the highway on the right. If you pass Bonny Doon Road, you’ve gone too far. Keep your eyes peeled!
We are very pleased to say that over the last several years a visible difference has been made in the amount of trash that we find on the beach. Further efforts on our part will continue to make a difference.
- Leather gloves if you have them.
- Bring a picnic lunch, or snacks to share
- Your own water supply
- Layers of clothing (It’s often breezy on the sand, and temps can vary widely)
- Something to sit on. (Big beach blankets, or towels will do …)
We will supply bags for nails, glass, and trash. Be advised that there are NO POTTIES AVAILABLE. Come prepared.
For More Info Call: (831) 469-0336
We hope to see you on sand for picnicing and clean up!