Community Seed is a volunteer based non-profit organization. Our Mission is to provide the local Pagan community with opportunities to createcloser bonds of love and understanding with one another, through community service, publications, events, and ritual celebrations.
We organize, host, and promote events that enrich and improve our lives, our world, and our community in the Santa Cruz region and beyond. We welcome one and all to take part in our events; you do not have to identify yourself as a Pagan to participate.
- The intention of this Circle is to provide a regular meeting place for Pagan worship in Santa Cruz. It has been our goal over the last year to create a ritual style that is suitable for many Pagan traditions. We recognize and honor the diversity within our culture. In our ritual tradition, we recognize both the male and female aspects of deity, invoke elemental guardians, cast circle, and raise energy together for the good of all. Newcomers are always welcome!
- Meets every month, on the second Saturday. Gather at 2pm, ritual at 2:30pm. No Open Circle in December because that’s when we all do our Yule Celebration!
Earth Energy Walks:
- What better way to start your day, or end your week than a meditative walk through the forest? The purpose of this monthly event is to help us to ‘tune in’ and walk in harmony with nature. Each walk is concluded with a meditation and a guided visualization.
- Meets every month, on the third Saturday. Gather at 9:45am, walk at 10am. No walks in March or September – that’s when we have our Equinox picnics!
- We invite you to co create and participate in our Public Rituals! We will be celebrating the Four Major Sabbats. Our goal is to provide a place in which to celebrate in a sacred environment and connect with our spiritual families by welcoming the Spring, lighting the Beltane Fire, celebrating the First Harvest and honoring the solemn rites of Samhain.
- Meets 4 times a year, generally on the Saturday closest to the Cross-Quarter day. Check the main page for individual posts for the next rite.
- Our four day, clothing optional, pagan camping event in the Santa Cruz mountains. Share your knowledge and power in our daily playshops (aka workshops). Experience magick making and energy raising in our nightly rituals. Relax, explore, and just BE. We create an environment of acceptance, love and trust, and an atmosphere that feels safe and welcoming. Come share your stories and songs by the fire (and learn a few new ones). Enjoy communal meals, sharing and cooking food in the community kitchen, Tribal communion and merry making by night.
- Meets on the weekend closest to the Summer Solstice. Check the Main Page after January (or so) for an Updated Solaris page.
- Our monthly craft night! Bring whatever creative activity you do (knitting, whittling, coloring, painting, sculpting in Jell-o®), and a cup and a snack to share! We will socialize, share tips & tricks and delightfully pass a low-key evening with friends old and new.
- Hemlock meets on the third Tuesday of every month (18 July, 15 August, and 19 September, 2017), at 6:30pm at the Garfield Park Community Church – the big church complex in the very middle of “the circles” on the Westside of Santa Cruz. 111 Errett Circle, 95060. Free parking, and easily accessible from the UCSC campus on the 3, 19 and 20 bus lines. Suggested sliding scale donation ($5 – $10) to cover costs of space rental. None turned away for lack of funds.
If you have any questions about any of our activities, please contact us at (831) 469-0336, or info-at-communityseed.org